What you need:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can cream of chicken soup [mushroom soup is also an option, I personally think chicken tastes better in this hotdish though]
- 1 can green beans, cut or french style [my mom also used corn on occasion]
- 1 bag frozen tatortots [I mix this part up all the time, I prefer
waffle fries OR Golden Rounds, the little tatortot-like things from Ore
Ida; as long as it's a frozen potato, you are good to go!]
- Optional - Shredded cheese [my mom never used it, but I do! I prefer mild cheddar, but Nick prefers Mexican style]
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. You can add seasonings
if you wish, I usually just cut up an onion to cook with the ground beef
OR use onion powder to taste. Drain.
- Mix the green beans, soup, ground beef and half of the frozen potatoes in a large pot or a casserole dish.
- Top with other half of potatoes. Bake at 350 for one hour.
- Add cheese the last 5 minutes of cooking to melt.
- Serve with extra cheese if you want. I eat mine with ketchup and my husband eats his with Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce.
Recipe Source: My mom, Kathy Westmoreland