What you need:
- 2 boxes white cake mix
- Eggs [as called for on each cake box]
- Oil [as called for on each cake box]
- Gel food coloring
- 2 (8 oz.) cartons Cool Whip
- 2 boxes instant pudding vanilla flavor
**Note - I didn't do the frosting like the recipe - I used Funfetti frosting from Betty Crocker!**
- Mix together the two boxes of cake with eggs and oil.
- Separate into 6 bowls. About 1 heaping cup in each bowl.
- Put some coloring in each bowl.
- Mix well and add more coloring if you would like. The brighter, the better.
- In a parchment paper-lined 8 or 9
inch cake pan...use about 3/4 cup if not a little more of the red batter.
Then do about 3/4 cup of the orange. And a little less than 3/4 cup for the
yellow. You want to get the batter as close to the middle as possible
for this one.
- In your second pan, do the same...start with purple, then blue, then green.
- In the second pan [that started with purple], do the rest of the yellow, then the rest of the orange, then the rest of the red.
- Do the same in the first pan, start with green, then blue, then purple.
- Bake according to box instructions. Let cool completely before moving to a wire rack.
- Place your layers on a plate or serving platter.
- Frost. To make the recipe's frosting...just combine and mix together. You can add coloring if you want.
Recipe Source: Omnomicon website