What you need:
- 4 steaks - your choice, we used NY strip steaks
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. parsley
- 2 tbsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- Mix together 1 stick butter with garlic, parsley, thyme, and lemon zest.
- Form into a log and refrigerate.
- Season steak on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1/2 stick butter and 1 tbsp. olive oil in skillet on high.
- Sear both sides of steak for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Then place on a baking sheet.
- In a preheated 400-degree oven, cook steaks for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Top with slice of herbed butter and serve :)