What you need:
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup for rolling
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- Hershey kisses or stars
- Beat shortening and peanut butter together for about 30 seconds.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat until combined.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Beat in flour, a little at a time.
- Shape into 1-inch size balls and roll in 1/4 cup sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350*.
- Immediately top with a Hershey kiss, pressing down. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe from Kathy Westmoreland