What you need:
- 1 lb. ground beef - the leaner, the better :)
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. meat tenderizer (optional)
- 4 hamburger buns, grilled until golden brown
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 4 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat grill or skillet. Mix jalapenos, onions, salt and pepper. Add ground beef and egg and mix to combine, make sure not to over mix or you will end up with a tough burger. Form into four patties and chill for a half hour.
- After mine were cooked to my preference, I added bacon and then shredded cheese (because I forgot a good quality slice cheese - I hate American cheese on my burger) and covered until the cheese melted.
- Serve on hamburger buns with condiments, if you wish.
Recipe courtesy evilshenanigans.com