What you need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temp
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Cinnamon Sugar Filling/Topping:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and continue beating until smooth.
- Add sour cream and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine filling/topping ingredients.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 8-inch square pan. Sprinkle with half the filling mixture and half the chocolate chips.
- Add the other half the batter and gently spread. Sprinkle remaining filling/topping mixture and remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 40 minutes. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod