What you need:
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
2 1/4 tsp. rapid rise yeast
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup cold water
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup red bell pepper, diced finely
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, I used frozen
1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- marinara sauce (for dipping) - optional
Mix together flour, salt, and yeast in a bowl.
- Add in oil and cold water. Stir until a ball forms.
- Knead the ball a few times on a lightly floured surface and then place in a Ziploc bag.
- Let rise for 1 1/2 hours.
- Divide in half and let sit out covered with a tea towel until puffy, about 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add all your veggies (if you use fresh spinach, hold out until the
end) to the skillet and cook until crisp-tender and spinach is wilted.
- Spread 1/2 the dough into a greased 8x8" glass pan. Make sure it covers the whole bottom.
- Add 1/2 your cheese to the top of that.
- Then add your veggie mixture.
- Top with the rest of your cheese.
- Then stretch the other half of dough over the top.
- Bake for 15 to 30 minutes in a preheated 400* oven.
- Slice and serve with marinara to dip!
Recipe from Finding Joy in My Kitchen