Any comments, photos, results, competitions, NOR's etc can be sent to
Tauranga Draft Sailing Calendar 2017 (updated 26/01/17)
TRSC FOR SALE PAGE (updated 17/02/17)
TRSC Risk Management (updated 27/11/2014)
Membership form 2016 - 2017 <<< Form now fixed and should print straight from page
Stickers are now available. See Richard M to get yours issued and marked off.
Please be careful when parking at our venues, to prevent cutting up the grass, drive slowly on the grass especially in the wet and approach from the roadside only - do not take long journeys across the grass. No more than 2 cars deep and no closer to the houses than the driveway entrance for the park. Thanks.
Please check the National site for a vote on changes to the IOM Rules.
Results Page Please check your RO Duty Days
12th March 2017 IOM NI Champs Day 2
11th March IOM North Island Champs NOR, SI and Entry
25th February IOM Saturday 170225
22nd February Fun Wednesday 170222
18th February IOM Saturday 170218
15th February Fun Wednesday 170215
11th February IOM Saturday 170211
8th February Fun Wednesday 170208
4th February IOM Saturday 170204
1st February Fun Wednesday 170201
28th January IOM Saturday 170128
25th January Fun Wednesday 170125
22nd January Marblehead Challenge Series 1
21st January All Fleets Saturday 170121
18th January Fun Wednesday 170118
14th January IOM Saturday 170114
11th January Fun Wednesday 170111
7th January IOM Saturday 170107
4th January Fun Wednesday 170104
31st December IOM Saturday 161231
28th December Fun Wednesday 161228
24th December IOM Saturday 161224
21st December Fun Wednesday 161221
17th December IOM Saturday 161217
14th December Fun Wednesday 161214
10th December IOM Saturday 161210
7th December Fun Wednesday 161207
3rd December IOM Saturday 161203
30th October 2016 BoP Champs Day 2
29th October 2016 BoP Champs Day 1 New photos from John Bill 03/11/16
3rd September BoP 5hr Enduro Race 160903
For any older or other results and photos please contact the webmaster, firstname.lastname@example.org
From the excellent Blog: Racing Rules of Sailing - Look to Windward
A good basic set of rules that can help teach the RRS in its simplest form.
Ten Racing Rule Commandments:
1) Port keeps clear of starboard.
2) Windward keeps clear of leeward when overlapped.
3) When on the same tack a boat astern keeps clear of a boat ahead.
4) A boat Tacking keeps clear of one that is not tacking.
5) Avoid collisions. Racing Rules are defensive to prevent collisions not offensive racing tactics.
6) If you gain right of way or change your course, give the other boat time (room) to keep clear.
7) The inside overlapped boats at four boat lengths from the mark are entitled to room to round the mark.
8) A boat that is backing-up or not racing must keep clear.
9) If you have broken a rule, always get well clear as soon as you can, and then take your penalty turn.
10) It is better to give way, than to spend hours in a protest room.