20230808

Shalom, dear all!

Thank you for faithfully praying for us. Thanks to God that the MAF plane had been repaired and managed to make a trip to Ambunti and brought us safely to Wewak on Monday afternoon. The construction team of PIM staff used up all the iron pillars in storage, replacing the corrupted wooden pillars under the missionary’s dormitory. It is going to be good enough. And this project will be continued when Douglas comes back from the US.

代禱勇士們,收信平安:

感謝您忠心地為我們禱告。感謝上帝,宣教飛行團契的飛機修理好了,星期一下午撥出空檔,到安布恩提接道格拉斯和我安抵威瓦克。PIM的工班團隊把庫存的鋼柱都用完了,替換很多腐爛不堪使用的木柱。現在宣教士宿舍的建築已經有夠穩定。等道格拉斯從美國回來再繼續修繕。 

Douglas and I paid a short visit to the presentation field of the Crocodile Festival and took some pictures after Sunday service. That did to our busy working life in Ambunti like a spoon of grease to a squeegy chain of a bicycle.

道格拉斯和我在主日崇拜之後有到鱷魚節的表演場參觀了一下子,拍了一些照片。這短短的參與對我們在安布恩提忙碌工作的生活,猶如給吱吱作響的腳踏車齒輪上了一匙黃油。 

It is God’s blessing that all the ladies in class finished their projects and they are now able to make very good bias. The students in another two churches were not able to attend this course because they had not met the qualification: Passing the exam and conducting Dorcas Fellowship in their churches. It was not easy for me to insist as too many would like to participate in the class and too few of them would be willing to be devoted to good work or to ministry. They first complained about this to me again and again.  But after several times of communication, I eventually made the agreement with the ladies that my class is only for those who would conduct Dorcas Fellowship in the church, and those who are not qualified would participate in Dorcas Fellowship in the church with trained teachers. Thanks to God for the new balance, and for that they no longer take me as a missionary that is to please everyone. The ones who have been trained are also willing to accept the invitation of other remote villages to run the training.

上帝保守班上所有的婦女都完成她們的作品,她們現在能做出很好看的斜布邊。有兩個教會的學生無法參加這個課程,因為她們沒有符合資格:條件是她們得通過之前的考試,以及在教會進行多加團契。我要這樣堅持其實很不容易,喜歡來上課的人太多,願意做細工又願意服事他人的人太少。起先她們一直來跟我吵,但是在許多次溝通之後,大家終於同意我的想法:只有要在教會進行多加團契的人可以來我的課程受訓,其他想學的婦女就去有受訓種子教師的教會參加多加團契。感謝神讓我們達到新的平衡,大家不再說我是宣教士就應該要滿足大家。已經受訓的學員也願意接受邀請,到其他偏遠的村子訓練他人。 

There is also a new balance between me and the students. When the course started, I asked them to bring their own ironing fabric and working top fabric. That is for marking their working area and to be responsible for their own ironing work. But their scarcity mindset made them not willing to bring their own fabric for working top and ironing. They would either do their work on my working top or without a working top. And that ended up that they had a hard time drafting and cutting, mixed up the cut parts, threw away what is not trash, and even had to buy extra fabric to complete the work. At the end of the course, we had some discussion about this. One of them recalled the others that I had asked them to bring their own fabric at the beginning of the course. And all the others regretted that they had been rebellious. Then, we were all recalled of the word that we had talked about these weeks: “Boundary”!!  Our Bible study in this course was mainly about psychological boundary and emotion management. God gave us a good surprise and made us learned a good lesson about psychological boundary through the use of working top fabric.           

 
我和學員之間也有一個新的平衡。課程一開始時,我叫要求她們要帶自己的燙布和工作檯布。這是為了標記工作範圍,以及為自己的燙熨工作負責。但是,她們就是有稀缺心態,不願意自帶燙布及工作檯布。要麼在我的工作檯面上做事,要麼就沒有使用工作檯布。後果是,畫布和剪布都不容易、剪好的物件搞混了、有些該留下來的部分被丟到拉圾桶,甚至要額外買布來完成工作。課程結束後,我們針對這件事討論了一下。其中一位學員提醒大家說,我在課程一開始就要求大家要帶自己的布過來了,其他的學員也都後悔自己不聽話。然後我們不約而同地想到最近大家常常說到的字眼:界線。此次課程的查經主要是學習心理界線和情緒管理。想不到上帝就利用工作檯布的用途,讓我們好好體會心理界線的功課。

 

Please remember us in your prayers. 

 
敬請繼續在禱告中記念我們:

1.  May God be in charge of the fuel crisis in PNG.
願上帝在新幾內亞的燃油危機中掌權。

2.   May God restore Douglas and me from extreme tiredness.  
求神保守道格拉斯和我從極度疲憊中恢復體力。

3.  May God protect all our staff in Ambunti and Wewak, and all PIM teachers who serve in remote villages.  
求神保護PIM在安布恩提及威瓦克所有的工作人員,以及在偏鄉服務的所有PIM學校教師。

4.  May God give courage and patience to the women of SSEC church that they are able to make good sewing works and raise the fund for the church generator.  
求神賜勇氣與耐性給SSEC教會的婦女,使她們有好的縫紉作品來為教會購買發電機籌募資金。

5. We have booked the Wewak-POM flight for the 10th, Monday. And we are supposed to leave PNG on the 13th. Our route will be POM-Sydney-Hawaii-Reno. May God bless us with a safe journey.  
我們已經訂了八月十日星期一從威瓦克到首都莫斯比的飛機。八月十三日離開新幾內亞。飛行莫斯比–雪梨–夏威夷–里諾。願上帝保守我們飛行安全。

6.  Douglas and I are supposed to leave PNG for the US. But my work visa has not been approved yet, and my passport is in the tube. May God pave our path.
道格拉斯和Sandy 八月十三日將離境到美國,但Sandy 的工作簽證還沒消息,護照也還在政府部門,求神開路。

7.   May God heal Douglas’ swollen ankle.  
願上帝治癒道格拉斯腫脹的腳踝。

8.  May God take care of my old parents, grant them salvation, health, peace and joy.
願神看顧Sandy年邁的父母,賞賜他們救恩、健康、平安及喜樂。

All for Him

願神得榮耀

主內末肢

In Christ

Sandy 

Line ID : sandytw2014

IG: chao.sandy.png

20230808

The latest update of Douglas 道格拉斯近期通訊