20230711

Shalom, dear all!
Thank you for faithfully praying for us. We have prayed about the banking of PIM for months. And we finally have some good news. The staff in Wewak don’t need to spend so much time in the bank now. 
感謝您忠心地為我們禱告。我們為PIM的資金匯入議題禱告幾個月了,現在終於有好消息,在威瓦克的員工現在不用花那麼多時間待在銀行。

Two more ladies past their exam for the Level One certificates. And I was blessed to have the opportunity to coach one of them getting through her emotional problems while spending time with her and correcting her mistakes again and again. When she finally realized her emotional issue and make peace with God and herself, she stopped making the same mistakes. This has bothered her since the beginning of May. When we find ourselves go around in circles, we call that “Ghost hit the walls” in Chinese, we should bring the matter inwards and commit our weakness in God’s hands instead of keeping hitting the walls.

又有兩位女士通過了一級證書的考試。我很榮幸有機會花時間和其中一個人在一起、一次又一次地糾正她的錯誤的同時,也引導她克服情緒問題。當她終於意識到自己的情緒問題並與上帝和她自己和解時,就不再犯那些同樣的錯誤。自五月初以來一直她就一直在兜著相同的圈子。當我們發現自己兜圈子時,(中文有句流行話稱之為“鬼打牆”),我們應該把事情帶入內省,把我們的軟弱交在上帝的手中,而不是一直撞牆。 

The church women who were going to Amaki are in their frustrations. They were told not to go at the last minute as the church in Amaki decide to have someone else help the church decoration workshop for them. Something like this can happen anytime here. It is the cultural issue in PNG. People feel it a big shame to say no or to say that they have change their mind though they keep changing their mind as they are worried that they haven’t got the most beneficial decision. As a result, the announcements of cancelations would be made at the last minute.
原本要去雅瑪奇的教會婦女們,現在還蠻沮喪的。她們在臨行前被告知取消行程,因為雅瑪奇教會決定讓另一個團隊承辦教會布置工作坊。相同的事情在新幾內亞司空見慣,這也是文化議題。人們覺得拒絕或改變主意是件不好啟齒的事,但他們卻因為擔心自己的決定不是利益最大化的決定而常常改變主意,因此常常拖到最後一刻才發布活動取消的消息。

Developing the workshop of making shopping bags, I have made 3 try-outs with different lengths of straps and different sizes of the bags, trying to make the projects fit into the culture and lifestyle of PNG. And I have to also consider what impact a new element can cause to people’s thinking and belief. It really concerns me to see kids buy a couple of deep-fried buns for breakfast every day. Being a foreigner, I have to be humble enough to admit that what I brought to them might not be better than what they already have though my motivation is good.
為了開發製作購物袋的工作坊,我已經做了三個不同長度提帶以及不同大小袋身的嘗試,盡量讓作品符合新幾內亞的文化及生活方式。另外,還必須考慮一個新元素會對人們的思想與信念產生什麼影響。看到小孩們每天買油炸麵粉球當作早餐,我真的很擔心。身為一個外國人,我得謙卑承認,即使我的動機良好,我帶給他們的可能不會好過他們原本就擁有的。

It was at this time of the year 12 years ago that I first came to PNG. Twelve is a meaningful number in Christianity and in Chinese culture. Thanks to God that PNG has been a good school to me and all what I have been through both in PNG and when being equipped to come to PNG are very precious to me. And I appreciate you, prayer warriors, for your participation over the year. Thank you for being with me and seeing God’s work.          

正是十二年前的現在,Sandy第一次到新幾內亞。「十二」在基督信仰以及中華文化都是有特別意涵的數字。感謝上帝,新幾內亞是我的好學校,不論人在新幾內亞時,或者在為來到新幾內亞而裝備自己時,種種經歷過的事物,對我而言都彌足珍貴。我也感謝大家成為我的代禱勇士、經年來的參與、陪伴,以及一起經歷上帝的作為。 

Please remember us in your prayers. 

 
敬請繼續在禱告中記念我們:

1.   May God be in charge of the fuel crisis in PNG.
願上帝在新幾內亞的燃油危機中掌權。

2.   I am supposed to deliver the massage in the women’s fellowship in a church on the 14th, Thursday. May God guide me and strengthen me.
Sandy將於14日星期四在一所教會的婦女團契分享信息,求神賜下引導並賞賜力量。

3.   PIM’s property in Wewak was broken into las month, and the washing machine in the laundry room was stolen. May God protect all the staff who stay in PIM base in Wewak.
PIM在威瓦克的基地上個月被人闖入,洗衣房裡的洗衣機被偷了。求神保守PIM在威瓦克基地的工作人員。

4.   Doing the preparation for the Crocodile Festival, villagers are doing a lot of mowing. There is a lot of smoke from burning the grass every day, especially in the evening and at night. May God heal my cough.  
願上帝保守。安布恩提正在準備鱷魚節的慶典,多處都有村民割草整地。每天燃燒乾草產生大量濃煙,尤其是在傍晚及夜裡。求神醫治Sandy的咳嗽。

5.   May God give me wisdom in preparing for the workshop of making shopping bags that is to start on the 18th, Monday.  
求神賜給Sandy智慧準備18日星期一就要展開的購物袋製作工作坊。

6.   May God give Douglas wisdom in solving the water supply issue in dry season.  
求神賜給道格拉斯智慧,解決旱季的供水問題。

7.   May God heal Douglas’ swollen ankle.  
願上帝治癒道格拉斯腫脹的腳踝。

8.   My visa is due on July, 10th. The application is in process. And I believe my visa is in the tube. May God be in charge.
Sandy的簽證將於7月10日到期。申請的文件和簽證已經繳出去了,但尚未有結果。願上帝掌管一切。

9.   May God take care of my old parents, grant them salvation, health, peace and joy.
願神看顧Sandy年邁的父母,賞賜他們救恩、健康、平安及喜樂。

All for Him

願神得榮耀

主內末肢

In Christ

Sandy 

Line ID : sandytw2014

IG: chao.sandy.png

20230711

The latest update of Douglas 道格拉斯近期通訊