"Kitty" - A Flubbed Rescue
(mid May 2019)
How to turn an easy rescue into a hard rescue in only a few simple steps!
- Have a sweet, young kitty come right to you ready to get down, height is 45 feet in a pine tree.
- Rush the rescue by grabbing the kitty with off-bag hand.
- Have kitty go berserk when you scare the poor thing by roughly jerking it off the limb.
- Place kitty on trunk to stabilize berserk kitty.
- Try to grab with bag hand but over-the-shoulder tether that you did not unhook in the rush is blocking the grab. Awkwardly go under tether and try to transfer to bag hand.
- Berserk kitty writhes out of grasp during awkward transfer, falls to branch that is at 30 feet, runs along branch, jumps to branch in other pine tree.
- Spend an hour putting rope in other tree and trying to coax terrorized kitty that is way out on branch to you. FAIL.
- Get desperate, do shaky limb walk, use rescue pole, get lucky, and snare the kitty. Whew.
Brittany, thanks for your patience with this rescue! I am happy that Kitty is out of the tree!
See the executive summary.