Eligibility And Voting
Timeline for CSM 14 Election
April 30 - May 12: Candidacy application period
May 13-17: Processing applications
May 25: Approved candidates announced at EVE Down Under
May 25 - June 7: Official campaign period.
June 10-17: Voting
June 22: Winners announced at EVE North
CSM 14 Voting
While the rules have not yet been announced for CSM 14, the usual rules are:
- Voting is performed through the CSM portal on the EVE Community website. The voting site will not be accessible until voting opens on March 6.
- To vote your account must be in Omega state at the time of voting. This is due to the increased ease of voting manipulation by mass creating alpha accounts specifically for voting purposes. Despite this, Alpha players are eligible to run and serve on the CSM.
- Every active Omega account gets to vote once, but each vote allows you to choose up to 10 characters in the order of your preference, from highest to lowest.
- Votes cannot be edited or revoked after they are submitted
- The voting system we use is called Single Transferrable Vote.
- The code used to tally votes is available on Github in this repository. The voting data will be made available after the election results have been announced if you wish to verify the results of the tally.
Important disclaimer from CCP: We will be strict about incorrectly filed or incomplete submissions and reject applications that don’t meet our standards. The rules are very clear, but if you are unsure about anything regarding the process, we are happy to answer any questions. However, once the submission is sent there is no turning back, so it is imperative to get it right.
To be eligible for the CSM, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Your account must be older than 60 days at the time candidacy applications close.
- Characters on both Alpha and Omega accounts are eligible to run.
- You must have a history of honoring the EULA and the Terms of Service. We will screen every applicant thoroughly and EULA/TOS violations on your record can result in a rejected application.
- Your account must have updated and correct information at the time of your application. This includes; your real life name, correct date of birth and the same email you use to submit your application. To view and edit this information go to the account management website.
- Candidates must have reached 18 years of age. If the legal adult age in your home country (the age at which you have the legal capacity to enter into a contract) is higher than 18, that number applies instead.
- As an applicant, you must consent to provide your personal details to CCP, including your real name and a copy of your passport. CCP needs to affirm your real life identity for NDA contract purposes and the ability to travel to summits in Iceland is a key function of the CSM.
- If you do not currently have a valid passport, we will accept a picture/scan of a valid and approved passport application accompanied with a picture of your driver‘s license.
- You must consent to sharing your country of origin with the EVE Community and having it displayed on the EVE Online website. You will not be required to share any other personal information with the EVE community.
- If you are running as an „alt“ and you control a character that has a reputation in the EVE universe, CCP may require you to run under that identity at its full discretion.
*All personal data will be handled in accordance with European data protection and processing laws.
How to apply
There are two steps to applying:
- Fill in the application form between 30th April – 12th May. The form will return a confirmation if the application goes through. Beware session time-outs and make sure to save your text in a document. If you don’t get a confirmation, re-enter the information and try again. If your application already went through, the website will inform you of that.
- Submit your document scans/pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org in high-quality with the subject “CSM 14 application”. Both these steps need to be completed within the submission window. Applications filed outside this window or without valid documents will be rejected.
Extra tips: • Remember that applications cannot be edited after you submit them to make sure your information is correct! Once your application has been submitted, you are encouraged to create a campaign thread in this forum section.