Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
· ½ can / about ¾ cup (7 ounces) pumpkin puree
· ¼ cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
· ½ cup white granulated sugar
· ½ cup brown sugar
· ¼ cup vegetable oil
· 2 eggs
· ½ tablespoon vanilla
· 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoons baking soda
· ½ teaspoon salt
· ½ teaspoon cinnamon
· ¼ teaspoon ginger
· ¼ teaspoon cloves
· ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
· 3 tablespoons brown sugar
· 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
· 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
· 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
· 1 tablespoon flour
Preheat the oven to 350 and line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
In a small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients with a pastry cutter until coarse and crumbly; set aside.
In another bowl, combine the cream cheese filling ingredients until smooth; set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, yogurt, both sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir just until moistened.
Spoon half the batter into the paper liners, top with a dollop of cream cheese filling, then spoon the rest of the batter on top of the cream cheese. Cups will be almost full. Sprinkle the streusel over the batter and press down gently.
Bake for 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before serving.
Yields 12 muffins.
Recipe from Curly Girl Kitchen