Pear, Avocado and Blue Cheese Salad
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 medium ripe pear, or two small pears, cored and sliced
- 2 ounces blue or Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 eggs, poached or soft-boiled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- pinch of paprika
Arrange the salad greens on two plates and top with
the pears, cheese, blueberries, avocado and eggs. Drizzle with the
olive oil and white wine vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Add a
sprinkling of paprika.
Yields 2 servings.