- 1 cup peeled and diced horseradish root
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (optional)
In a food
processor, pulse the horseradish root until it's very finely minced into
a pulpy texture. Add the sugar and vinegar and pulse a few times. Add
the mayonnaise if you'd like a creamy-style horseradish.
in an airtight container in the fridge - the flavor will develop over a
few days as the sugar and vinegar ferment a little, intensifying the
flavor of the horseradish.
food processor, puree all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Adjust
seasoning as needed. To serve, sprinkle with more freshly cracked
pepper, salt and paprika.
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons horseradish (or substitute a diced jalapeno)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper