By Meeta K. Wolff
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 minutes + resting and cooling time
Yields: 20 cookies
- 200g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 80g cloudberry jam or lingonberry jam
- 280g all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 100g + 100g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- zest of 1 lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 200C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place all the ingredients except the jam and 100g icing sugar in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. Knead until the dough comes together smoothly. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for one hour.
- After the resting time, remove the dough from the fridge and with a rolling pin roll it out on a lightly floured surface approx. 3 mm thick. Using a cookie cutter cut out shapes, then using the typical Linzer cookie cutter cut out either holes or stars in have of them.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Then spread the jam of choice on the cookie without the holes and sieve icing sugar on the cookies with the holes 7 stars, then place on top of jam and allow to set.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2014 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First