Four Grain Very Berry Pistachio Nut Granola Bars
Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
200g organic mixed wholegrain flakes, I used a mixture of rye, barley, oats and spelt
100g + extra butter
100g sunflower seeds
50g sesame seeds
60g pistachios, coarsely chopped
120g dried berries of choice, I used cherries , cranberries and physalis
100g muscovado sugar
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 160 degrees C. Butter and line a base of a baking tin (18 x 25cm).
- In a bowl mix the wholegrain flakes, seeds and pistachios in a spread out onto a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for about 8-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a large saucepan on a low heat. Add honey and sugar, stirring until most of the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the wholegrain flakes, seed and nut mix including the cinnamon and dried berries. Stir well to coat the mixture.
- Tip the entire mixture into the buttered baking tin and press down lightly. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely then cut into bars.
The Food Guide Tips:
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2010 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First