200g organic mixed wholegrain flakes, I used a mixture of rye, barley, oats
100g + extra butter
100g sunflower seeds
50g sesame seeds
60g pistachios, coarsely chopped
120g dried berries of choice, I used cherries , cranberries and physalis
100g muscovado sugar
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 160 degrees C. Butter and line a base of a baking tin (18 x
- In a bowl mix the wholegrain flakes, seeds and pistachios in a spread out
onto a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for about 8-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a large saucepan on a low heat. Add honey
and sugar, stirring until most of the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the wholegrain flakes, seed and nut mix including the cinnamon and
dried berries. Stir well to coat the mixture.
- Tip the entire mixture into the buttered baking tin and press down lightly. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely then cut into bars.
The Food Guide Tips: