Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 500g fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 300g assorted cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 100g radish, sliced
- 100g hazelnuts, roasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Handful of mixed herbs, finely chopped. I used oregano, thyme, basil and tarragon
- Pear and quince vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C.
- In a medium bowl sieve add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic and sugar. Mix
well then tops the whole tomatoes in the mixture to coat well. Transfer the
tomatoes with the flavored oil into an ovenproof dish and roast in the oven,
first for 10 minutes then add the chopped herbs and place back into the oven for
another 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a salad bowl place spinach leaves, radish slices and roasted hazelnuts.
- Make the vinaigrette by adding the remaining olive oil and the flavoured oil
from the roasted tomatoes into a small bowl, pour in the vinegar and honey,
whisking until the mixture has combined homogeneously.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently. Serve in deep bowls, placing a few of the roasted tomatoes on top and some dark rustic bread.