Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes plus resting time
- 325g all-purpose flour
- 100g fine polenta
- A pinch of salt
- 125g cold butter, cut in cubes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 70g Greek yogurt
- 100g ice cold water
- 1 kg heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 2 sprigs each rosemary, thyme and oregano, finally chopped
- 8-10 anchovies marinated in oil
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 125g Parmesan, cheese grated
- 200g goat cheese
- 25g marinated olives and capers
- Salt and pepper
together flour, polenta, pinch of salt and sugar in a bowl. Rub the
cold butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles fine
breadcrumbs. Whisk together the yogurt and water, then incorporate into
the flour mixture. Knead into a smooth dough as quickly as you can,
making sure not to over-knead. Work the dough only enough to bring it
barely together into a disk, wrap in plastic-wrap and cool in
refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C and line a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces. Roll out each portion on a lightly
floured surface into a circle. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, spread with
the anchovies, goat cheese and the slices of tomatoes leaving about 8 cm
around the edge free. Add the olives and capers, salt and pepper to
taste then fold the outer edges over the filling. Sprinkle the herbs and
- Bake the galette in the oven for about 40 minutes or until baked gorgeously gold.
- Serve with a large fresh salad.
The galette can be eaten hot or cold, so it makes a great dish to take along on a picnic or for a pot luck.
You can easily make this a vegetarian meal by leaving the anchovies out or adding other vegetables like asparagus or zucchini.