Dark Chocolate and Orange Butter Spritz Cookies
By Meeta K. Wolff
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 200g Butter, softened
- 100g sugar
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons milk
- 200g flour
- 100g cornflour
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- zest of 1 orange
- In a bowl of a standmixer place the butter and using the whisk attachement, whisk until creammy. Rub the orange zest into the sugar with your finger tips, then transfer into the bowl along with the egg and continue to whisk until smooth fluffy. Pour the milk and incorporate into the mixture.
- SIeve the flour with the cornflour and mix into the butter-sugar mixture. The entire mixture needs to have a smooth consistency easy to pipe. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Butter a baking tray then line with some baking paper. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- Fill a piping bag with the batter using a spoon to push the batter to the end. Using a star shaped tipp, pipe the batter in S-shapes or rings. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack to cool completely. Dip half of each cookie into the melted dark chocolate then allow to drip on the wire rack.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2016 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First