Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 12 pork sausages or bratwursts
- 6 slices dry-cured rashers of bacon
- Splash or red wine
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili paste
- ½ bunch of fresh thyme leaves
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 bulb fennel, cut into wedges
- Pinch of salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 x 400g canned plum tomatoes
- 2 x 400g canned borlotti beans
- 200 ml chicken stock
- Fry the bacon in a shallow pan until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Fry the sausages in the bacon fat until they have taken on a bit of golden color. Set aside. If the sausages are not cooked all the way through do not worry. They will cook further in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. De-glaze the pan with a splash of wine then add the garlic, chipotle chili paste, onion wedges and thyme and stir on a low heat for about five minutes. Transfer to an casserole dish. Add the remaining ingredients - fennel, canned tomatoes and borlotti beans and half of the chicken stock. Also add the sausages and bacon, then put in the oven. Allow to cook for a good 35-45 minutes. Check and stir from time to time if you find it getting too dry add some more of the stock
- Serve this with thyme and rosemary roasted potatoes.