Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 800g large ripe Italian tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 8-10 anchovy filets, chopped
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g green olives
- 500g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- Maldon’s smoked sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Heat up the olive oil in a large pan, sauté the garlic and the chilli flakes for a quick minute. Add the chopped anchovies and cook for another few minutes until the anchovies begin to disintegrate.
- Turn up the heat and add the chopped tomatoes, bring to a boil, then turn heat down to medium and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime cook pasta according to instructions on the packet.
- When the sauce is ready add the olives and capers. Taste to check the saltiness of the dish then season with a good pinch of the smoked sea salt and pepper.
- Remove Finally add the cherry tomatoes and then toss the sauce with the drained pasta.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2010 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First