Almond Milk Quinoa Breakfast with Fresh Fruit, Cinnamon, Pecans and Maple Syrup
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 200g quinoa, rinsed well
- 400 ml almond milk + more for pouring over cooked quinoa
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1 cinnamon stick + 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon for sprinkling
- 120g pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- Fresh fruit, I used a berry mix, banana and mango chunks
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, optional
- Combine quinoa, almond milk, cinnamon stick and vanilla seeds and the pod in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and allow to cook for 15 minutes until most of the the milk has been absorbed and the quinoa can be fluffed with a fork. Remove and discard cinnamon stick and vanilla bean pod.
- Divide quinoa into bowls then sprinkle with ground cinnamon, cover with fresh fruit, pecans, and a few extra splashes of almond milk. Drizzle maple syrup and serve warm.
Note: Try this with your favorite kind of milk: soy, coconut, low-fat etc. I also love adding different spices like cardamom or nutmeg or fruit for a variation on flavors
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2013 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First