400g fresh tagliatelle pasta
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 shallot, finely chopped
Glug of olive oil
1 teaspoon saffron strands, slightly crushed
100ml white wine
100ml vegetable or chicken broth
a few slices of Serrano ham, shredded.
- Soak the saffron strands in a tablespoon of warm broth. Leave to steep for
approx. 15 minutes.
- Cook tagliatelle in a lot of salted water until al dente.
- In the meantime, heat a skillet on medium heat, add some olive oil and sauté
the garlic and shallots until translucent and fragrant.
- Pour in wine and allow to boil, then add the remaining chicken broth. Bring
to a boil. Reduce the heat to low.
- Pour in the cream and the saffron mixture, stir to incorporate. Cook gently
making sure the mixture does not boil for 3-4 minutes until it becomes creamy
and thick. Toss in the pasta until it is completely with the creamy
- Serve in deep plates with some Serrano ham scattered over the time and a
good sprinkling of fresh crushed black pepper.