Strawberry Lime Polenta Muffins
Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
140g all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
140g Muscavado sugar
140g butter, softened
zest of a lime
1 tablespoon milk
150g strawberries, cut 12 into halves and chop remaining into chunks
140g icing sugar
3-4 strawberries, chopped into chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a 12 hole muffin form with paper cases or lightly butter and flour the form.
- Cream together butter, sugar and lime zest in a large mixing bowl. The mixture should be pale, fluffy and creamy. Add the polenta and continue to whisk, then add the eggs, one at a time until each one is incorporated.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and using a rubber spatula quickly fold until the batter is thick. Do not worry if it looks lumpy – it’s because of the polenta. Pour in the milk and stir then fold in the strawberry chunks.
- Divide the muffin batter into the muffin tin. Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until they are golden and springy to touch. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then turn them out on a wire rack and cool completely.
- At this point the muffins can be stored in air-tight containers for up to 2 days.
- For the frosting mash the strawberries to a pulp with the back of a fork. Add a few drops of the lime juice. Push the mixture through a sieve over the icing sugar. Mix the sugar until the mixture is thick and paste-like.
- Remove the muffin cases carefully from the muffins, then dip the tops into the batter one at a time and immediately decorate with the reserved strawberry halves. Allow to set and dry.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2010 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First