Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimenton
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili
- 3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 500g ground beef
- 800g tomatoes, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 100g fresh cilantro, chopped
- 70g feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and fry the garlic and onions for 5 minutes until almost softened. Add the pimenton, chipotle chili and cumin, cook for a few minutes. Add the beef, season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cook, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat, until it loses its raw color, about 3 minutes. Continue cooking stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown and soften, about 3 min. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the black beans and chopped tomatoes and simmer for 20 min., stirring frequently. Add the lime juice, half of the cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. If the chili is thicker than you like, it may be thinned with water.
- Scatter the chili with the remaining cilantro, spring onion and crumbled feta (if using) and serve with slow roasted potatoes, scattered with cumin seeds.