Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 150g quark
- 6 tablespoons oilr
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 egg whites
- 75g + 100g sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 300g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 400g roasted almond marzipan, coarsely grated
- 900g cherries
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Butter a 38 cm (diameter) tart form.
- For the tart crust mix together quark, oil and the 2 egg yolks. In a separate bowl mix the 75g sugar, salt, flour, and baking soda, then mix the dry ingredients with the quark mixture using the kneading hooks of your electric mixer. Finally scrape the dough out onto a clean countertop then give it a good knead with your hands until the dough is smooth and silky.
- With a rolling pin roll out the dough and line the tart form with it.
- To make the marzipan filling, whisk the marzipan with the 100g sugar and the 4 egg whites with electric beaters until smooth.
- Spread the marzipan cream onto the tart crust. Arrange the cherries on the filling, gently pushing the cherries into the cream. Flip any extra dough over the cherries and cream.
- Bake the tart in the oven for approx. 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar and serve.