Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
For the fruit filling
- 250g fresh cranberries
- 2 pears, quartered then sliced
- 3 tablespoons raw honey & ginger (for example from Balquees Raw Honey) alternatively acacia honey and a small piece of ginger finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
For the topping
- 120g spelt flour
- 100g spelt flakes
- 85g cold butter, cubes
- 85g muscovado sugar
- 85g pecans, roughly chopped
- Pinch of fleur de sel
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly butter 6 individual ramekin bowls.
- Make the topping first by putting all the ingredients into a large bowl and using your fingertips rub the butter into the dry ingredients to form a few small chunks of mixture very resembling coarse breadcrumbs. Place this mixture in the freezer while you prepare the fruit.
- In a separate bowl place all the ingredients for the fruit filling and stir well so that all the fruit is nicely coated with the honey. Spoon the mixture into the ramekin forms.
- Take the crumble topping from the freezer and with your fingertips sprinkle the topping over the forms. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden and the fruit is hot and bubbling.
- Serve warm with scoops of vanilla ice cream or thick vanilla sauce.