Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
- Spread a generous layer of dark chocolate spread on 4 of the brioche slices, then sandwich with the remaining 4. Cut diagonally and place each sandwiched triangle in a large shallow dish.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and spices and pour over the sandwiched brioche. Leave to soak for at least half an hour. Alternatively, you can leave to soak in the fridge overnight.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan and cook the brioche-chocolate sandwich triangles, for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Keep warm in a low oven and repeat until all the brioche sandwiches are cooked.
- Arrange on a platter scattered with chopped pistachios. Heat the maple syrup on low in the microwave and serve drizzled over the chocolate and pistachio French toast.
The Food Guide Tip:
- Make your own delicious buttery saffron brioche