Chocolate and Pistachio French Toast with Warm Maple Syrup
Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
8 large slices brioche or challah
200g chocolate spread
120g pistachios, chopped
300ml maple syrup
- Spread a generous layer of dark chocolate spread on 4 of the brioche slices, then sandwich with the remaining 4. Cut diagonally and place each sandwiched triangle in a large shallow dish.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and spices and pour over the sandwiched brioche. Leave to soak for at least half an hour. Alternatively, you can leave to soak in the fridge overnight.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan and cook the brioche-chocolate sandwich triangles, for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Keep warm in a low oven and repeat until all the brioche sandwiches are cooked.
- Arrange on a platter scattered with chopped pistachios. Heat the maple syrup on low in the microwave and serve drizzled over the chocolate and pistachio French toast.
The Food Guide Tip:
- Make your own delicious buttery saffron brioche
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2010 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First