Chocolate Espresso Sponge Pudding
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes + cooling time
Serves: approx. 8
- 225g butter + more for pan, cubed
- 100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 250g muscovado sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 250ml boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 18cm square form with butter and line baking paper.
- Place 225g butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water and melt over a low-medium heat. Do not stir as it this will overwork the dark chocolate.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until pale and smooth. Fold in the chocolate mixture, then add the flour and baking powder and beat until smooth. Finally, beat in the coffee and 250ml boiling water. The batter should be thick and smooth Pour into the prepared form and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. If the pudding is still slightly sticky in the middle that is perfectly OK.
- Cool for about 20-30 minutes before serving with your favorite ice-cream and some fresh raspberries.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2012 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First