Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes + cooling time
Serves: approx. 8
- 225g butter + more for pan, cubed
- 100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 250g muscovado sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 250ml boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 18cm square form with butter and line baking paper.
225g butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water and
melt over a low-medium heat. Do not stir as it this will overwork the
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and
sugar until pale and smooth. Fold in the chocolate mixture, then add the
flour and baking powder and beat until smooth. Finally, beat in the
coffee and 250ml boiling water. The batter should be thick and smooth
Pour into the prepared form and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. If the
pudding is still slightly sticky in the middle that is perfectly OK.
- Cool for about 20-30 minutes before serving with your favorite ice-cream and some fresh raspberries.