Roast Pumpkin, Parsnip and Mushroom with a Creamy Sage and Mustard Sauce
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 parsnips, cut into cubes
- 1 small butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 300g button mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter
- Handful of sage leaves, roughly chopped
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- 100ml double cream
- 2 teaspoon English mustard
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Toss the parsnip, pumpkin with the the garlic, olive oil and bay leaf and then season. Spread out on a baking tray and roast for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, fry the mushrooms in butter until the liquid has evaporated. Keep warm.
- Toss the roasted vegetables with the mushrooms.
- Just before serving melt the butter in a small pan and lightly fry the sage in it. Pour the double cream and heat on a low heat, then stir in the mustard.
- To serve drizzle the sage and mustard sauce over the vegetables.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2012 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First