Spicy Bacon Tomato and Buffalo Mozzarella Tartine
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 slices German rye bread, cut in slightly thick slices
- 4 slices bacon, thickly cut
- 2-3 Italian heirloom tomatoes, thickly sliced
- Buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- Olive oil
- A few leaves of fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Sprinkle some of the chilli powder over each of the bacon slices, then heat up a skillet on high heat and fry the bacon slices on both sides without any oil until crispy. Allow to drip on some kitchen paper towels.
- Heat up the grill function of your oven to 180 degrees C.
- In the same skillet add some olive oil and fry the slices of bread on both sides until toasted.
- Place the toasted bread in an oven-proof dish, add the bacon slices, tomato slices, then the mozzarella slices on top. Place in the oven and grill for about 5-8 minutes until the cheese has started to melt.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt and freshly cracked pepper and add some basil leaves.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2010 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First