Quinoa Chickpea Avocado Bhel
By Meeta K. Wolff
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 70g mixed sprouts, I used chickpea, mung, alfalfa, bean sprouts and lentils
- 100g unsalted peanuts, roasted
- 120g puffed quinoa
- Large handful of finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- Juice and zest of 2 limes plus more to serve
- In a large bowl place the chickpeas, green bell pepper, onion, avocado, cucumber and mixed sprouts. Season with the black salt, chili flakes, and palm sugar. Add the lime zest and juice and drizzle the oilive oil. Give everything a nice toss to make sure everything is coated in the dressing.
- Just before serving add the peanuts, puffed quinoa and chopped coriander leaves. Mix and serve immediately.
- Kala Namak might sound a bit exotic but can be found in Indian stores or organic shops.
- This salad is a great healthy snack and can be pimped up to your own liking.
- You can enjoy this as a snack on it’s own or as a side to grilled meats and poultry.
- The most important thing to remember is to enjoy it as soon as you add the puffed quinoa. As it starts to soak up the dressing it tends to get soggy.