Avocado Mango Yellow Lentils Lime and Chilli Verrines
By Meeta K. Wolff
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 3 avocados
- 200 g yellow lentils, cooked to packet instructions, cooled
- 1 zucchini, grated, water drained
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- 2 mangoes, cubed
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 3 limes, zest and juice
- small bunch of coriander
- Handful sprouts, I used red radish sprouts
- coarse sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Handful pecans, chopped
- First make the lentil salad: place the cooked yellow lentils in a bowl. Add the zucchini, 1 finely chopped onion, the garlic, the zest and juice of 1 lime and half of the chopped coriander. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil and toss well. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Make the cucumber salad: place the cubed cucumber in a bowl, add the chopped chili and red onion, the remaining coriander, zest and juice of 1 lime and 1 tablespoon oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Take 2 of the avocados and with a fork coarsely crush. Spinkle some sea salt and the last zest and juice of the lime. Cube the last avocado.
- Assemble the verrines, by filling 4 glasses: first with some of the avocado puree, then layer with the lentil salad, the cucumber salad, the cubed mangoes, and top with pecans and sprouts.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2017 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First