Raspberry Cordial Spritzer
The perfect fruity drink for the warmer days ahead
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 600g raspberries
- 300g fine sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1 liter water
- Place the raspberries in a medium-sized saucepan, sprinkle with the sugar, squeeze over the lemon juice and pour over the water.
- Over a medium heat bring the mixture to a boil. Stir a few times to dissolve the sugar. Turn down and simmer for about 6-7 minutes or until the raspberries disintegrate.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Pass through a fine meshed sieve to strain, pressing down on the fruit. Most of the raspberry flesh should be soft enough to pass through, leaving the pips behind.
- Allow to cool, then pour into a glass vessel and place in the fridge.
- To serve the spritzer, pour a some of the cordial in a glass and top off with seltzer or to make it extravagant some bubbly Prosecco.