Morello Cherry Chocolate and Cognac Teacakes
Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
300g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
200g butter, cubed
4 egg yolks
110g muscavado sugar
75g all purpose flour, sifted
alternatively use 100g cherry preserve with 2 tablespoons cognac
70g ground cinnamon
150g granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly butter mini kugelhupf forms with some butter.
- In a saucepan melt chocolate and butter over a medium high heat until smooth.
- Combine eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until well incorporated and fluffy.
- Whisk together flour and chocolate mixture then pour over the eggs and sugar. Whisk gently until you have a thick´, smooth and creamy mixture.
- Spoon some of the mixture into the kugelhupf form, filling only halfway, then add a few teaspoons of the preserve. Finally top off with the remaining batter.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- In a small box mix together the cinnamon and sugar. As soon as the cakes come out of the oven let them cool slightly then roll them in the cinnamon sugar to coat them.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2010 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First