Rich Chocolate Banana Breads with Pistachios, Pink Praline and Au Naturel
Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
100g bittersweet chocolate,
150g butter, softened
170g Muscovado sugar
175g all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
25g cocoa powder
2 large bananas, ripe and mashed
Pistachios, coarsely chopped
Pink almond praline
- Heat oven to 180 degrees C. Butter and line 3 small loaf pans with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy, fluffy and pale. Gradually add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and fold into the the wet ingredients using a spatula.
- Add mashed bananas and melted chocolate and fold well.
- Divide mixture between the three pans, top one with pistachios, the other with the pink almond praline and leave one plain. Bake for about 30-45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on a rack, then wrap in baking paper or foil.
- The loaves will stay fresh and really moist for 3 to 4 days kept in an airtight container.
- Make double the recipe and freeze the loaves. If you cut them in slices before freezing you can easily take individual slices out a few hours prior to eating.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2010 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First