Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 6 round summer squash
- 100g couscous, cooked
- 200 lean ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Pinch of sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- In a Cut the tops of the summer squash and using a teaspoon scoop out the
flesh, chopping it coarsely.
- In a large skillet heat up the olive oil and lightly sauté onions and
garlic, then add the ground meat and brown gently on medium heat.
- Add the squash flesh and the chopped tomatoes and allow the juices to
intermingle. Add the cooked couscous season with sea salt, pepper and ground
cumin. Toss well.
- Fill the squash with the filling and place on a baking tray. Pour about half a cup of water into the tray and place in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees C for 20-25 minutes or until the squash are tender.