Buckwheat Linguine with Aubergine and Mango
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 250g buckwheat linguine
- 120ml white wine vinegar
- 40g caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 220ml sunflower oil
- 2 aubergines, cut into cubes
- 1 large mango, cut into cubes
- Small handful of Thai basil, chopped
- Small handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan gently warm vinegar, sugar and salt, until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the sauce from heat and add garlic, chilli and sesame oil. Set aside and allow to cool, then add the lime juice and zest.
- In a large pan heat up the sunflower oil and shallow-fry the aubergine in a few batches, until golden brown. Place the aubergine in a colander, sprinkle with salt and allow to drain.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Shake off access water and place pasta in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss pasta, with the sauce, mango cubes and aubergines. Add the onion slices and herbs and mix quickly.
- Leave for flavors to intermingle with each other for about an hour then serve piled in big bowls.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2010 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First