Thai inspired Zucchini Mango Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium sized zucchini (I used one yellow and one green), grated - using a spiralizer
- 1 large mango, cubed
- 1 bunch basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1 small bunch mint leaves, chopped
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 150g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- sea salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- 75g unsalted peanuts, toasted
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1-2 teaspoons palm sugar (alternatively muscovado sugar)
- 2-3 limes, juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes (or more if you prefer it hotter)
- In a large bowl add zucchini, mango, ginger, garlic, peanuts and tomatoes.
- Mix together the lime juice, sesame oil, soy sauce, chili flakes and palm sugar in a separate bowl, then pour over the salad. Toss well to combine. Allow to marinate for 8-10 minutes until flavors have incorporated with each other.
- Transfer on a platter and top with herbs and sesame seeds.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2014 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First