Clotted Cream and Lavender Honey Panna Cotta with Prosecco Berries
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes + 4 hours in fridge
Serves: approx. 6
- 100ml milk
- 100ml heavy cream
- 185g clotted cream
- 40g + 1 tablespoon lavender honey
- 1 leaf gelatin, soaked in water for 5 minutes
- 100g strawberries, hulled and cut into quarters
- 100g blueberries
- 50ml prosecco
- In a saucepan, bring milk and 40g honey to a gentle simmer, stirring to dissolve the honey. Then add the gelatin and stir until dissolved. Pour the mixture into the heavy cream. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk in the clotted cream until smooth. Strain mixture using a fine meshed sieve to make sure all lumps are removed.
- Divide the mixture into six individual glasses. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight to set.
- In the meantime pour the prosecco in a clean bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons honey. Add the berries and macerate for approx. 30 minutes.
- Remove the panna cotta from the fridge and serve with the berries, either on the side or spooned over the top.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2012 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First