Lemon Scented Chocolate Spritz Cookies
By Meeta K. Wolff
Prep Time: 40 min
Total Time: 50 minutes + resting time
Yields: 40 cookies
- 220g butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 150g coarse flour
- 150g fine flour
- Pinch of fleur de sel
- 100g dark chocolate (75% cacao, melted over a water bath
- 80g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 200C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place butter, icing sugar, vanilla sugar, lemon zest and fleur de sel in a bowl of a standmixer fitted with the spatula attachment. Whisk until pale and creamy. Add the egg yolk and continue to whisk until incorporated then add the egg. Whisk well until the eggs are well incorporated.
- Sieve and mix both types of flours, then gently fold into the creamy sugar-butter-egg mixture. Fill the dough in a spritz cookie press or a in a piping bag and pipe the dough onto the baking paper lined tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes then remove and allow to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath then either dip half of the cookies in the chocolate or brush on the flat side of the cookie. Allow to dry on a wire rack.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2014 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First