Zucchini Noodles with Garlic Shrimps, and Olive CAper Slow Roasted Tomato Sauce and Feta Cheese
By Meeta K. Wolff
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 60 minutes + 2 hours slow roasting tomatoes
- 1 Portion my fruity marinara sauce
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium sized zucchini,spiralised in a spialiser or sliced in thin strands
- 50g caper apples
- 100g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 50g green olives
- 2 tablespoons mixed dried herbs and flowers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 100 C.
- Place the halved cherry tomatoes in a bowl drizzle with about 2 tablespoons olive oil, add 2 cloves finely chopped garlic and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon mixed herbs and flowers. Gently toss to coat the tomatoes. Lay out on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast the tomatoes for 2 to 3 hours - the tomatoes need to be shriveled and dry, but still have a little juice inside. Depending on the size of your tomatoes this might take more or less time. Allow to cool and transfer half to sterilized jars. Add the other half into the prepared fruity marinara sauce. Keep the sauce on low heat to keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet. Add the remaining garlic and gently sauté. Add the shrimps and quickly toss until pink and alomost cooked through. Add the remaining dried herbs.
- Place the zucchini noodles in a bowl, add the shrimps, olives, capers and spoon enough to the chunky marinara sauce to coat the noodles and shrimp. Toss slightly and season to taste.
- Divide into bowls and sprinkle with the crumbled feta cheese. Serve immediately.
Vegetarian Option: Instead of the shrimp add cubed aubergine. Follow the instructions for the shrimp just use the aubergines instead.
Vegan Option: Leave the feta cheese out, add the aubergines as above and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2014 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First