Peach and Lavender Sorbet
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hours 30 minutes (+ freezing time)
- 150 g sugar
- 3 teaspoons edible dried lavender
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 700 g ripe peaches
- In a saucepan bring sugar, lavender, lemon juice with 150g water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for approx 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- With a paring knife slit a cross into the round side of each peach. Blanch the peaches in boiling water, then place in ice water to cool. The skin should be easy to peel off, slice into wedges. Place the peach slices in the lavender syrup and allow to infuse for 30 minutes.
- With a hand held immersion blender, finely puree the fruit and syrup. If you prefer, you can strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer to remove the lavender before pureeing the fruit.
- Pour the fruit puree into an ice cream machine and process the sorbet according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer into containers and freeze for a further 2 hours.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2010 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First