Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hours 30 minutes (+ freezing time)
- 150 g sugar
- 3 teaspoons edible dried lavender
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 700 g ripe peaches
- In a saucepan bring sugar, lavender, lemon juice with 150g water to a boil,
then reduce to a simmer and cook for approx 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- With a paring knife slit a cross into the round side of each peach. Blanch
the peaches in boiling water, then place in ice water to cool. The skin should
be easy to peel off, slice into wedges. Place the peach slices in the lavender
syrup and allow to infuse for 30 minutes.
- With a hand held immersion blender, finely puree the fruit and syrup. If you
prefer, you can strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer to remove the
lavender before pureeing the fruit.
- Pour the fruit puree into an ice cream machine and process the sorbet according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer into containers and freeze for a further 2 hours.