By Meeta K. Wolff
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 slices crusty bread, I like to use a good German sourdough
- 2 slighter thicker slices of good quality ham
- 100g grated cheese, like Comté or Gruyère
- 1 large free-range egg
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat the grill to high and lightly toast the bread on both sides until golden.
- Spread the mustard on both slices, sprinkle with half the grated cheese and arrange slices of ham on the bread - sandwich them. Top remaining grated cheese then place under the grill to brown and melt the cheese.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2016 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First