Spiced Cranberry and Pistachio Muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 300g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 140g cranberries
- 155g + 1 tablespoon muscovado sugar
- 70g + 1 tablespoon pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 185 ml buttermilk
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper cases.
- Place the cranberries in a heatproof bowl, pour with boiling water and cover. Set aside for 10 minutes to soak. Drain well.
- Combine flour, sugar, pistachio, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom and cranberries in a large bowl. In a jug whisk together buttermilk, oil and egg together. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined making sure not to overmix. Spoon evenly among the lined pans.
- Combine the extra pistachios and sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle over the muffins.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when tested. Turn onto a wire rack. Serve warm.
- Serve with creamy butter and your favorite preserve.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2010 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First