Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 each red and yellow bell peppers
- 3 medium zucchinis, sliced lengthways about 0.5cm thick
- 1 aubergine, sliced thickly in about 1cm slices
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced lengthways
- 1good pinch of sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- A good glug of extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 to 3 springs each of rosemary, thyme and oregano, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 200g thick Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons tahini paste
- 120g pine nuts, toasted
- Pomegranate arils from 1 pomegranate
- Place the whole peppers on a hot grill and allow them to get really black on all sides. Using tongs, put them in a bowl, cover with cling film and leave to cool.
- Grill the zucchini and fennel together on the barbecue on each side until nicely charred. You don’t want them too black or too raw, they need to have a slight bite to them. Transfer to a clean tea towel in one layer, making sure they are not layered on top of each other, as this will steam them and make them soggy.
- Chargrill the aubergine slices, turning them until nicely marked, then transfer to the tea towel.
- Carefully rub off the black skin from the peppers, then remove the stalk and pips and cut them into large strips. Now put all the vegetables into a large bowl.
- Place the herbs in a pestle and mortar with a good pinch of seasoning until you have a smooth pulp. Add the extra virgin olive oil and mix. Pour the herb mixture over the vegetables and toss to coat the vegetables in the flavored oil.
- Stir the lemon juice, olive oil, crushed garlic into the Greek yogurt, Add the tahini paste and season to taste. Mix well.
- Pile the vegetables on a large platter, then spread the yogurt-tahini sauce over the vegetables. Scatter with the toasted pine nuts and pomegranate arils.
Notes: This is a great make-ahead dish as it can be served either warm or at room temperature. As an alternative to the grill the vegetables can be easily roasted in the oven too.