Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes Includes time in refrigerator for setting
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 40 g sugar
- 3 sheets gelatin, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes
- 100ml almond milk
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 lime. zest and juice
- 3 passionfruits
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- Lemon basil leaves (optional), coarsely chopped
- In a saucepan over a medium-low heat allow the sugar to caramelize to a light golden color. Add the coconut and almond milk milk to the caramel. Drain and squeeze any excess water from the gelatine sheets and dissolve in a few tablespoons of the liquid. Pour back into the pan. Allow the mixture to cook for approx 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat
- Once the liquid has cooled slightly stir in the lime zest and juice, then divide into 4 individual dessert or ramekin bowls. Allow the panna cotta to set for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
- Spoon out the passionfruit into a saucepan and together with the maple syrup cook for a minute or two. Allow to cool.
- Remove panna cottas from the refrigerator and before serving top with the passionfruit sauce and fresh mango cubes. Sprinkle with the lemon basil, if using.