Coconut Panna Cotta with Passionfruit and Mangoes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes Includes time in refrigerator for setting
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 40 g sugar
- 3 sheets gelatin, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes
- 100ml almond milk
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 lime. zest and juice
- 3 passionfruits
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- Lemon basil leaves (optional), coarsely chopped
- In a saucepan over a medium-low heat allow the sugar to caramelize to a light golden color. Add the coconut and almond milk milk to the caramel. Drain and squeeze any excess water from the gelatine sheets and dissolve in a few tablespoons of the liquid. Pour back into the pan. Allow the mixture to cook for approx 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat
- Once the liquid has cooled slightly stir in the lime zest and juice, then divide into 4 individual dessert or ramekin bowls. Allow the panna cotta to set for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
- Spoon out the passionfruit into a saucepan and together with the maple syrup cook for a minute or two. Allow to cool.
- Remove panna cottas from the refrigerator and before serving top with the passionfruit sauce and fresh mango cubes. Sprinkle with the lemon basil, if using.
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2013 Meeta K. Wolff unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First