600g cherries, washed and unpitted
160g butter, melted
65g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), melted
150g ground almonds
150 ml milk
50g almond slices
2-3 tablespoons Tahini
handful of sesame seeds
pinch of fleur de sel
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C. Brush either 6 ramekins (ca. 125 ml) or
one larger form with some of the melted butter and evenly sprinkle about 40g
sugar, then divide the cherries into the form/s.
- In a saucepan heat 80g butter on low heat and gently brown. It should be a
light golden color and wonderfully aromatic. Set aside to cool
- Mix together flour, 100g sugar, ground almonds and fleur de sel in a large
bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs and milk, then together with
the melted butter, melted dark chocolate and tahini pour over the flour-ground
almond mixture. Fold the mixture together to incorporate the ingredients into a
thick batter. Pour over the cherries.
- Mix the remaining 80g melted butter, almond slices and sesame seeds together
and pour over the clafoutis.
- Bake the clafoutis in the oven for 20-40 minutes, depending on the size of
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream or simple indulge in it pure with just a fork.
The Food Guide Tips:
- Stylish and hot superfruit – cherries
- Selecting and storing almonds