Cranberry Pistachio Brownies
Recipe From What's For Lunch, Honey?
300g bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
200g + more butter, cut into cubes
250g muscovado sugar
200g all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
80g dried cranberries
icing sugar, for dusting optional
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C. Butter and line a baking pan.
- In a saucepan, gently heat chocolate, sugar, butter and milk stirring frequently until mixture has melted. Allow to cool.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, making sure each one has been incorporated well. Then fold in the flour, cardamom and cranberries.
- Spread half of the chocolate mixture into the pan then scatter the pistachios, finally pour the rest of the mixture over the top and smooth.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes. Cut into squares while warm. If using dust with icing sugar.
The Food Guide tips:
- Antioxidant powerhouses – cranberries
- Selecting and storing pistachios
- Versatile cardamom
All photographs and written content on What's For Lunch, Honey? © 2006-2010 Meeta Khurana unless otherwise indicated. | All rights reserved | If you are interested in using my texts or photographs please contact me | You may not use my work for commercial purposes without my permission | You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work in any form | Please Ask First